Home' Central Canterbury News : October 3rd 2012 Contents 10 CENTRAL CANTERBURY NEWS, OCTOBER 3, 2012
Public Forum at Council and Community Board Meetings: You may speak on matters of concern
during the first 15 minutes of each meeting but please let us know well in advance. For council meetings,
please notify Sue Elder and for community boards, please notify Marilyn Ponsford.
Township, Hall and Reserve Committees, please note: If you wish to advertise your meeting here, or
make any changes to meeting details, please let Lee Brehaut know by 9am on Thursday of the week prior
to publication by emailing email@example.com, or by phoning 347 2800 or 03 318 8338.
COUNCIL & COMMUNITY BOARDS
• Wednesday, 10 October, 1.00pm, Council
Selwyn Central Community Board
• Wednesday, 17 October, 4pm, Executive Meeting
Room One, Rolleston Council Building
Transportation & Road Safety Sub-
• Thursday, 18 October, 9.30am, Executive Meeting
Room One, Rolleston Council Building
These are public meetings and the first 15 minutes
are available for the public to speak.
Broadfield District Community Centre
• Wednesday, 3 October, 7.30pm, Broadfield Hall
Castle Hill Village Community Association
• Monday, 15 October, 5.30pm, by SKYPE
Coalgate Township Committee
• Tuesday, 16 October, 7.30pm, Coalgate Fire
Darfield Township Committee
• Thursday, 18 October, 7.45pm, Darfield Library/
Doyleston Community Committee
• Wednesday, 10 October, 7.30pm, Osborne Park
Dunsandel Community Committee
• Thursday, 4 October, 7.30pm, Dunsandel
Volunteer Fire Brigade
Dunsandel Reserve Committee
• Wednesday, 17 October, 7.00pm, Dunsandel
Glenroy Community Hall Committee
• Tuesday, 16 October, 8.00pm, Glenroy Hall
Glentunnel Community Centre Committee
• Tuesday, 9 October, 7.30pm, Glentunnel
Hororata Reserve Management Committee
• Wednesday, 3 October, 7.30pm, Hororata
Kirwee Community Committee
• Monday, 15 October, 7.30pm, Kirwee Community
Kirwee Recreation Reserve Management
• Monday, 8 October, 7.30pm, Kirwee Sports
Lincoln Community Committee
• Monday, 8 October, 7.30pm, Lincoln Event Centre
Lincoln Event Centre Governance Committee
• Wednesday, 10 October, 7.30pm, Lincoln Event
Little Rakaia Huts Community Committee
• Wednesday, 17 October, 7.30pm, Little Rakaia
Huts Community Centre
Prebbleton Community Association
• Tuesday, 9 October, 7.30pm, Prebbleton Hall
Prebbleton Reserve Management Committee
• Monday, 15 October, 7.30pm, Prebbleton Rugby
Rolleston Reserve Management Committee
• Monday, 15 October, 7.30pm, Rolleston
Springfield Township Committee
• October meeting postponed to Tuesday 6
November, 7:30pm, Tawera Hall
Springston Community Committee
• Monday, 15 October, 7.30pm, Springston Hall
Springston Hall Committee
• Thursday, 11 October, 7.30pm, Springston
Springston Recreation Reserve and
Associated Sports Committee
• Wednesday, 17 October, 8pm, Springston Reserve
Errol Tweedy Pavilion
Waihora Park Reserve Committee
• Tuesday, 2 October, 7:30pm, Waihora Bowling
Weedons Reserve Committee
• Monday, 8 October, 7.30pm, Weedons Reserve
West Melton Reserve Board
• Monday, 15 October, 7.30pm, West Melton
West Melton Residents Association
• Wednesday, 10 October, 7.30pm, West Melton
Whitecliffs Domain, Reserve & Township
• Monday, 8 October, 7.30pm, Glentunnel
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Prebbleton Public Hall Society Inc.
• Monday, 8 October, 7.30pm, Prebbleton Public
Killinchy Community Centre Committee
• Wednesday, 17 October, 7.30pm, Killinchy Hall
Family Fun Day
Lincoln Event Centre
Thursday, 4 October, 11am
Come along and be entertained by juggler and
comedian Adrian Kirk, and Rainbowlily from
Away with the Fairies. Enjoy the bouncy castle
with a slide and miniature ponies.
As part of celebrating the month of the Older
Persons we extend a warm invitation to
grandparents and friends to join in the fun
and have a cuppa.
BYO picnic, or food available to purchase.
Gold coin entry
Selwyn Dog Club
Sun, 7 October, 7.30am -- 5pm
Please note the Foster Dog Exercise Area
in Rolleston will be closed for off-lead dog
exercise during these times.
The Selwyn Dog Club is happy for people
to come and watch the competition, but
spectators with dogs are asked to keep
them on a lead and well away from the
Making Irrigation Pay -- Managing Within Limits
Irrigation NZ invites irrigators to attend this free workshop
Wednesday 3 October
1.00pm -- 4.00pm
Leeston Rugby Club,
Thursday 11 October
1.00pm -- 4.00pm
Hororata Hall, Corner of
Duncans & Hororata Roads.
Given the National Policy Statement on water, what is the state of the
Environment in your catchment?
• How will the proposed Canterbury Land & Water Regional Plan set the
framework for managing within limits?
• How is Environment Canterbury working with irrigators?
Managing within limits: What does it mean for irrigators?
• Will your practices need to change?
• If so, how?
• What are the tools & knowledge available to meet this challenge?
• Where are the gaps?
There will be plenty of local content, group discussion and question time.
This session will introduce irrigators to practical ideas, technology and
tools to take back to their own farming system.
For further programme and speaker information go to
www.irrigationnz.co.nz We look forward to having you join us.
CHOOSING A CAREER?
Between 16 & 25?
Living in Selwyn?
Not sure what to do or be?
This FREE service can help!
Txt: 027 426 8624 to find out more.
AA services in
Don't forget there's an AA
agency at the Selwyn District
Council offices, 2 Norman
Kirk Dr, Rolleston.
You can renew your driver's licence; sit the
driver licence theory test, register change of
vehicle ownership, motor and motor vehicle
registrations, pay road user charges, get an
international driving permit, pick up road
codes and L-plates, get an AA membership,
have your passport photographs taken and
obtain an IRD number.
The AA agency is open from 8.30am to 5pm,
Monday to Friday.
Both Darfield and Southbridge community
pools require Lifeguard Staff for the upcoming
summer season. Great customer service
skills, reliability and good swimming skills are
required. Training for lifeguard qualification
will be offered.
For further information phone Southbridge
Pool Manager Brenda Hampton,o
027 552 0010, or Darfield Pool Manager
Christina Clarkson, on 318 8109.
Calling all Neighbourhood
The Selwyn District Council is updating its records of Neighbourhood Support groups currently
operating in Selwyn. If you are a street co-ordinator or part of a Neighbourhood Support group,
please contact Selwyn Neighbourhood Support Coordinator Sue Jenkins at the Council, 347 2977
with your details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links Archive September 26th 2012 October 10th 2012 Navigation Previous Page Next Page